Classification of Several types of Computers And Accessories
Most generally used computers will be the microcomputers based on single nick micro-processor technology like the Pc or PC generally known as Desktop, Laptop and Palmtop computer. These 3 types are very conspicuously used nowadays by individuals of fields and classes to fulfill their appropriate needs with laptops and palmtop computers in vogue vis a vis desktops.
* PC or Desktop: Pcs will be the most suitable type of computers for use in offices, schools as well as other offices in performing different operations like documentation, accounting and internet browsing, etc. It offers a desktop display known as Monitor getting a vital board placed on desktop plus a situation which contains mother board with processing unit known as CPU normally placed directly underneath the table. Desktops are often less costly than laptops and palmtop computers.
* Laptop: Laptops are slim and light-weight weighted in comparison with desktops. They might be easily placed on the lap to function easily. Laptop mother boards have built-in wireless technology. Therefore they might be easily transported and work on rechargeable battery. Unlike desktops, laptops do not require every other safe-keeping.
* PalmTop: It is extremely small in proportions and is placed on the palm. Palmtops readily electronic pen known as stylus rather of key board for operating. Data feeding is conducted through hands written messages applying this pen. A palmtop is also called PDA (Smartphone). It’s also called hands held or pocket computer. However a palmtop are able to do limited functions which is mostly utilized like a phone book, diary or note book and for delivering and receiving mails and winning contests.
Classification Based on Operations
In addtion 3 fundamental classifications, there are other classifications according to concepts of operation or according to size and satisfaction. Based on concepts of operation, you’ll find following three types:
* Analog: Analog computer creates choice of values which keep different continuously and supply approximate connection between the computations. These computers can be used as calculating temperature, pressure, current and speed.
* Digital: Digital computers focus on digital data using binary number system. Broadly found in engineering and technology fields, they are better and supply faster results.
* Hybrid: Hybrid computers focus on a combined type of digital and analog features. These computers mostly are useful for specialized tasks like automatic operations of machines and monitoring of complicated physical processes.
Based on their size, capacity and satisfaction computers might be classified into super computers, mainframe computers, minicomputers and microcomputers.
* Super Computer: A big computer with regards to processing capacity, it might process billions of instructions in one moment. It’s highly pricey which is useful for nuclear technology, research, geological surveys and weather reports.
* Mainframe: Mainframe computer can be a computer getting a sizable CPU for processing all operations connected with hundreds of other computers within the frame work. They are also in a position to efficiently monitoring billions of transactions concurrently. They are broadly found in banks, railways and airlines.
* Small Computer: A minicomputer is smaller sized sized than mainframe computer in operations and less pricey. Nevertheless it supports more than 100 users at the same time.
* Micro Computer: A microcomputer is founded on just one micro-processor nick due to its operations. Pc, Laptop and palmtop computer are microcomputers. Other microcomputers include note books, tablets, game computers, smart books and smartphones, etc.